Wednesday 1 April 2009

Eagles of Death Metal Last Night

Who or what are The Hot Melts??

As usual the ABC set the scene for another gig of splendid specter!!! The giant disco ball and packed floor with eager folks in the mood for a right good rocking were asking the very question I posed above!!

The Hot Melts are a strange but thoroughly entertaining 4 piece who play a miss of Beach Boys meets Kaiser Chiefs meets OKGO. Excellent live and with a good sense of humour this set the stage and warmed the crowd nicely as Jesse "The Devil" Hughes and boys took the stage.

Entering to 'Ladies Night' their set was uncompromising just like their front mans lustful antics onstage. The ladies love him the guys wanna rock like him and with a set that consisted of such hits as 'I want you so hard' & 'I got a feeling' & modern singles 'Cherry Cola' & 'Wannabe in LA'. They even had time to sneak in a massively rocking version of The Rollin Stones classic Brown Sugar.



I must admit at first I wasn't too keen on going to see them but they have indeed made a believer out of me, Rock n Roll ain't dead baby...its just coming home....CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!