Thursday 18 March 2010

Quarantine

This is the second of the horror films I read a favourable review of but somehow it flew under my 'MUST SEE' radar!!



I really enjoyed this film, which like the Poughkeepsie Files is a of the school of Found Footage Horror, which centers around the idea that a news reporter has been landed the story of shadowing a local Fire Department for a night. At first all is fun and games until a call comes in and the film crew and fire officers head to an apartment block to check out what appears to be a domestic disturbance call.

When they arrive an old lady attack a police officer by biting his neck. We quickly find out that a mutant form of rabies is infecting the building which is now 'Quarantine'd by the army and police.



This film was really fun, jumpy in places and very fast paced....However, I have found out since watching that it is a scene for scene remake of a Spanish horror film 'Rec'.

With this in mind I feel I must get a copy of this film and check it out as many critics have stated 'Rec' is the better of the two.

Over all its a 7/10

Much love

FrEaK xXx