Tuesday 23 March 2010

Paranormal Activity

Film number three in the missed but 'must see' horrors from the last few years was 2009's Paranormal Activity.



Once again akin to the school of 'found footage' horror, this fake documentary centers around a couple who believe that their house maybe haunted and as such keep a video diary of weird events that happen (mostly when they sleep).

We find out during the course of the movie that the girl (Katie) has a demon haunting her for many many years.

I believe that there are a few different endings to this film and the version I saw was the original version and not the widely released cinema version.

I actually quite liked this film, however, it was no where near as scary as the hype machine surrounding it made out.



Overall I would say a 6/10 is a fair and just rating...I would add this film may have scored more if I had watched it at a very late hour with the lights off!!