Tuesday 16 March 2010

Poughkeepsie Tapes

Well today I decided to get right back into the genre of movies I love...Horror.

To do this I decided to pick at random from various horror review sites 5 horror films that had been rated highly that I hadn't seen from release over the last 3 years.

The plan is to see what I make of them and give a mini review of my own.

Today was the 'Poughkeepsie Tapes'



Much of this film nods the cap at such works as 'The Last Broadcast' & 'The Blair Witch Project' two films I happen to love!!




The general plot centers around the documentary film of a series of video tapes found in a house that appear to show the killing patterns of a local serial killer who has alluded capture from authorities for more than 10 years.



Each video tape shows the growth of the killer from his first kill (the abduction of a little girl from her garden) to his stalking of prostitutes and eventual capture and torture of a local girl.

This film was less scary and more disturbing than expected with a few occasions where I forgot that it was 'not real' with the onset of sweaty palms!!.

Overall a 6/10