Monday 20 September 2010

The Birthday Massacre



Well one of my favourite bands have hit out hard with a new album worthy of you time.

As you may know from reading my blog page, The Birthday Massacre have been a favourite of mine for many years!! I got into them back in 2005 after hearing about them on a forum site and quickly listened to their album Nothing & Nowhere.



It mixed fantasy sounds, 80's new wave pop and nu-metal to create something very original and yet so very familiar!!



I quickly got a copy of Violet (an ep that was lengthened into an album release) and got the Blue music video dvd.



By the time Walking with Strangers hit in September 2007 I was fanatical about the group and finally got to see them live last year in Glasgow as reported in my Violet Prison 15 July 2009 blog.







With my purchase of their Show & Tell dvd at the end of last year it was only a matter of time before they released another album....and it's finally here.



Pins and Needles is the quintessential Birthday Massacre album...huge synths, 80's new wave, goth pop and fantasy sounds are all mixed into a seamless soundscape.



To top it all off I get to seem them again on 13 October 2010 at the Classic Grand in Glasgow.



If you haven't had the pleasure yet...do something about it...you wont be sorry you did!!!