Friday 8 May 2009

Gallows Tonight...New Album Review Time I Think

On the eve of the Gallows gig at Glasgow's ABC I thought I'd share my review of their new album 'Grey Britain'.



I have always liked the Gallows, 'Orchestra of the Wolves' came out of no-where for me and encapsulated hardcore punk with a certain amount of bravado that I was throughly hooked. However over time I found myself thinking there was something missing.

'Grey Britain' is a flawless record and the sign of a band building upon their previous work like the solid foundations on to which a house would be built. Frank Carter paints a bleak picture of a Britain - full of corruption, racism & plagues...which lets face it, kinda resembles the front paper headlines on a day to day basis. The music is hatefueled, unrelenting, thought-provoking and very much more the work of a band entering maturity and uncompromising on their hardcore roots.



It is a very rare occasion that I will state and album is without filler tracks and the reason is I feel many bands run through the motions, Gallows are just finding their A-Game now and for that reason I would give it an intimidating 8/10!!

Roll on tonight with Every Time I Die is support, this gig is gonna be a belter!!

FrEaK xXx